Monday, September 30, 2013

About time I post again....sorry for the delay....

Well I have done some stuff, but mostly I have been gathering trailers....I now have six.....that's enough, I really wasn't expecting to have that many, but because of some circumstances I ended up with all these trailers. So I thought I would show you the ones I have picked up. I already showed you the work that I have done on the 1955 San Gabriel and the one I finished last Year the 1962 Travel Lux.....



This trailer is one of the four I purchased from a guy out in Creswell who had these on his property as spare rooms for his kids. They have been out in the elements for probably 20 years...so to say there is dry rot problem would be an understatement. This is the only trailer I can't identify yet....I figure from everything and everybody I have asked about it that it's either a 1953 or 1954 model.


This one is pretty rare a 1954 Rainbow.....this is the only one of the four that I got from Mike in Creswell that wasn't too bad inside...it needs a really good cleaning and will need some of the panels replaced...I really like these Rainbows..


1966 Serro Scotty...I love this little trailer, really not much too it inside, I actually took this one down over a weekend to this .....

Painted the wheel wells black and put part of the new floor on.....this one needed to be taken down to the floor....this is the only trailer of that era that I know that didn't use framing, what this trailer had was one huge piece of 6 X 10 plywood....for the siding frame. I will have to use 3 pieces of 4 X 8 and then use a new tool called a Biscuit plate Joiner and then I will be able to connect all three pieces to make the two sides.



This one was hard to pass up as it was free...I really didn't need or want another trailer, but this 1970 Shasta Compact Trailer was too nice to pass up ...the outside needs a bunch of TLC, but for the most part the inside is pretty clean with very little dry rot.....so as you can see I have more than I need...I'm hoping to have the 1955 San Gabriel done first and then The Shasta and Rainbow would be next while getting the 1966 Serro Scotty done...that one I will keep for myself as it's a light trailer that I can take to the races, fishing and I can pull it with my V6 Ford. Will have another update real soon.....


Adam



1 comment:

  1. Hey AJ did the San Gabriel ever get finished? I have one that I plan on restoring as well. would love to hear what happened to it. Mark.

    ReplyDelete